What I LOVE about this idea:
- How many of us make New Year's resolutions that die off after 2-3 weeks? We make it to the gym 4 days the first week, 3 days the next and before you know it, we're sitting on the couch again. This is one week at a time and I don't know about you, but I can handle one week at a time.
- You get one "free pass" day per weekly challenge, so if something does come up or you're not feeling well one day, you're off the hook. Just pick up with the next week's challenge and continue.
- It's a community of people with a common goal of seeing each other succeed, pushing each other to achieve more and pulling you along when you can't get out of bed.
- It's a chance to see what I can accomplish. There may be challenge weeks that seem easy, there may be some that push me to the limit of what I can accomplish. . in between, I will have grown, stretched myself and become that much more healthy.
- People will be blogging their experiences. It'll be interesting to see how others progress as we compare notes, rantings and pictures.
What I don't like about this:
- The very first challenge starts at 5am! Anyone who knows me, knows that this will be my biggest challenge right off the bat. If I can wake up at 5am for 7 days in a row. . I will have accomplished my biggest feat EVER and the rest of the year will be easy, breezy, beautiful! ha ha
Ok, I hope I've convinced you to join me. It'll be fun to do something together, you and I. It'll give us another dimension of our relationship. Please go to the Primal Stride Challenge website and leave a comment on his blog. Then, please let me know so I can check-in on you, compare notes, and we can help each other succeed. HAPPY 2010 to you and the new you you're about to become!